Dealing With Insurance Fraud Charges
Insurance fraud cases can get complicated very quickly. Regardless of the type of fraud, the prosecution will not waste any time building up the case against you, so time is a critical factor in building your defense. Talk to an attorney skilled in insurance fraud defense right away before you answer any questions from the police.
Types Of Insurance Fraud
Both people and insurance companies can be accused of insurance fraud. Depending on what is involved, insurance fraud can happen in the following ways:
- Making a false or exaggerated claim to get more money from an insurance company
- Selling unlicensed or fake coverage
- Stealing premiums paid by customers
- Padding or inflating actual insurance claims
- Staging accidents
- Misrepresenting information on an insurance application
- Engaging in kickback schemes
- Submitting claims for damages or accidents that never happened
Any of these fraudulent acts could lead to a felony charge that comes with severe federal penalties. If you are facing insurance fraud charges, it is important to talk to an experienced federal criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to start building your defense.
Talk To An Attorney Right Away
Shemaria Law Offices have been defending people with insurance fraud charges for almost 50 years. To schedule an appointment for a free consultation in our Los Angeles office, call at 424-285-5988 or toll-free 800-898-9555 or contact us online.